Global Privacy Notice-Job Applicants and Candidates
Effective Date: April 23, 2021
This Privacy Notice (the “notice”) tells you how Definitive Healthcare, LLC (DHC), Monocl AB and its affiliates (collectively “us,” “our,” or “we”) process personal information we collect from job applicants or candidates (collectively, “you”) and your rights and choices in respect of same. We process your personal information for the purposes of fulfilling open job positions, recruiting job candidates and related activities.
Please carefully read this notice so that you are fully informed.
We may change this notice from time to time. We will post any changes to this notice on this page. Each version of this notice is identified at the top of the page by its version date.
1. How we collect your personal information
We collect certain personal information about you in the following ways:
• Directly from you, such as when you directly send us a job application including when you access and use the Definitive Healthcare careers page https://www.definitivehc.com/about/careers, the Monocl careers page https://www.monocl.com/about/jobs/ or otherwise provide your information to us.
• From third party sources, such as where we find your contact information on websites such as for example, LinkedIn or when we work with recruitment agencies who may provide us with your contact information and so forth.
• Through personal recommendations or referrals, from individuals who know you.
2. Categories of information we collect about you.
Information we collect will depend on your location and what is permitted by applicable law.
We collect the following categories of personal information from you
• Contact Information and other identifiers, such as your name, date of birth, government identification numbers or similar, photo (where you provide same), email address, postal address, and phone number.
• Professional or employment-related information, such as resumé, CV, residency and work permit status (if applicable), work history, professional background, work and personal references, and social media or LinkedIn profile.
• Educational information, such as educational history, qualifications, certifications, and skills.
• Data for diversity monitoring, such as veteran status, gender, race, ethnicity, and disabilities, but always strictly where the collection of such data is allowed by applicable law and such information is voluntarily provided by you.
• Citizenship or immigration information, such as for visa purposes, and right to work information.
• Other information, you have chosen to voluntarily submit to us in connection with your application for employment, such as contact information of references, information disclosed in an interview, compensation history, and information about your personal situation.
We may also collect personal information about you from other sources, such as:
• Third-party sources. Examples of third-party sources include employment screening agencies, background check agencies (if permissible), recruiting agencies, service providers, former employers and/or schools and educational institutions, publicly available information on websites or social media (e.g., when applying through LinkedIn), and others, where they are legally allowed to share your personal information with us. For example, if you register to be contacted by prospective employers on another website, the website may provide your personal information to us.
• Where individuals refer you or pass your information to us.
“Sensitive Personal Information” is defined as any information that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, religious, political or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or information about your health/sex life.
We may request, on a voluntary disclosure basis, limited Sensitive Personal Information such as racial/ethnic origin, disability status and gender for the purposes of government reporting obligations and/or ongoing equal opportunities monitoring. Also, if you choose to provide it, you can provide information about your disabilities so that we can arrange disability access or facilitate you as otherwise needed during recruitment.
In all cases, we will collect, request and handle your Sensitive Personal Information only as permitted and strictly in accordance with applicable data protection and other laws. Our request and use of Sensitive Personal Information varies by region and country. If you are in the EEA or Switzerland, we do not request that you provide us with Sensitive Personal Information.
If you have questions or any concerns please contact us using the details at Section 10 How to contact us of this notice.
3. Use of personal information
In general, we collect, use, store, and process your personal information to:
• Process your job application for employment.
• Assess and evaluate you in the recruitment and hiring process either for a specific position you have applied for or for other available positions or job openings as a suitable candidate.
• Add you to our candidate pool for consideration for future positions as they arise.
• Communicate with you or others on your behalf about your application or job opportunities.
• Ensure compliance with our legal or regulatory obligations.
• Monitor diversity and equal employment opportunities.
• Analyze hire trends with aggregate and anonymous data.
• For research, general recruitment and other purposes we may use aggregated or de-identified information.
• For administration purposes and to manage your relationship with us.
4. How we share your personal information
We may share your information in a manner consistent with this notice and in accordance with applicable law.
• Service Providers. We share your personal information with other companies we use to support our recruitment processes such as third party software or systems providers. These companies may provide services like talent acquisition and administration services, background checks, and employment history checks. We currently use Greenhouse for recruitment software services. These service providers may change over time but we will always use trusted vendors who will handle your Information with the utmost care.
• Affiliates. We share your personal information with our affiliates as necessary.
• Recruitment Agencies. We may share your personal information with recruitment agencies with whom you provided your personal information or make your personal information publicly accessible to recruitment agencies.
• Your Employer or Organization or Reference Checks. When you apply for a position with us we may contact your previous or current employer (if you wish us to do so) to verify your employment history, or your references if provided by you.
• Legal requirement. We may share your personal information with judicial or regulatory authorities to follow applicable law or to respond to legal process.
• Business Transactions. We may share your personal information during a corporate transaction like a merger, or sale of our assets, or as part of the due diligence for such contemplated transactions.
• Consent. We may share your personal information in other ways if you have asked us to do so or have given consent.
5. Retention of your personal information
The length of time for which we retain personal information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws. Generally, this means we retain your personal information to comply with any retention or statutory limitations, and as reasonably needed for the purposes described in this notice including our recruitment processes.
6. How we protect your personal information
To keep your personal information safe, we use physical, electronic, and managerial tools. We apply these tools base on the sensitivity of the personal information we collect, use, and store, and the current state of technology. We protect your personal information through technical and organizational security measures to minimize risks associated with data loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and unauthorized disclosure and alteration.
7. CCPA and GDPR
California Resident (CCPA)
Please be advised that we do not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under the CCPA or other applicable law.
If you want to know more or have any questions, you can contact us using the information at Section 10 How to contact us of this notice.
To the extent you are located in the European Economic Area (”EEA”) and/or Switzerland (the “Designated Countries”), Monocl AB is the data controller of your personal information and this notice sufficiently sets out our practices and obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
Legal Grounds for Processing
We normally collect or use personal information from you or others where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, our legitimate interests may be to:
• Retain personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
• Use personal information to facilitate communication with you and perform data analytics to ensure recruitment of appropriate job candidates and prospects in accordance of best recruitment practices.
• Manage applicants and conduct our recruitment processes efficiently and fairly.
Your rights under the GDPR
Please see the section Your Privacy Rights below. If you want to contact the data controller to exercise any of your rights under the GDPR or need further information concerning the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the information at Section 10 How to contact us of this notice.
8. Transfer of personal information overseas
Personal information collected by us may be transferred from time to time to our affiliate offices, personnel, and/or to our service providers in countries globally. If you are a resident in the Designated Countries and we transfer your personal information outside of the EEA to countries with data protection laws that may offer a different level of protection, we rely on legally available data transfer mechanisms including, where applicable, European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses.
9. Your privacy rights
You may have certain rights related to your personal information, subject to local applicable data protection laws in your country. Please note your rights and choices may vary depending upon your location. Certain personal information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law.
If the GDPR applies to you, you specifically have the right to:
Request access to your personal information (commonly known as ‘subject access request’). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove all of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
Lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority (as defined in the GDPR). Monocl AB’s lead supervisory authority is: The Swedish Data Protection Authority (Integritetsskyddsmyndigheten) contactable by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Similar rights as above may be afforded to you under other applicable data protection laws and regardless of your location. If you wish to exercise your rights under applicable data protection laws or have any questions about the processing of your personal information you can contact us using the information at Section 10 How to Contact Us below.
To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections or otherwise processing your request.
10. How to contact us
If you wish to exercise your privacy rights or if you have questions or concerns about our data use practices or this notice, please contact us as follows:
Residents of all jurisdictions/locations including the United States can contact us at:
Postal mail: Definitive Healthcare
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
550 Cochituate Road
Framingham, MA 01701
Residents of the EEA and Switzerland may contact the Data Controller-Monocl AB at:
Postal mail: Monocl AB
Attn: Data Protection Officer
426 77 Västra Frölunda